Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Dumplings!

We sure are going to miss dumplings when we leave China!!!  They are so delicious; my mouth is actually watering as I write this post!  When I came to China last May for my pre-visit, another Parker expat living in Shanghai took me to their favorite dumpling restaurant.  They taught me how to eat dumplings properly so I don’t burn my mouth and I fell in love! 
As it turns out, that same restaurant opened up in Wuxi this year!  We discovered it after the Christmas holiday and it quickly became our favorite Chinese restaurant (even though technically it’s Taiwanese).  I guess it wasn’t hard to do because there is only one other Chinese restaurant that we actually go to (unless there is a work dinner).   Instead, if we are going out, we prefer a Western restaurant or Thai, Indian, Korean, Brazilian, Italian, Mexican - basically anything other than Chinese.  Granted, I do eat Chinese every day for lunch at work, so it isn’t that I don’t necessarily like the food, we just miss the comforts of home!  However, now that we are about to leave and all of my coworkers suddenly want to take us for a farewell dinner, I am requesting dumplings!  I need to get my fill! 

The Restaurant - located on the top floor Center 66

These are the best - they are filled with pork and crab!  Yum!

A different style of dumplings - these are vegetarian

Ava loves them too!  I think she eats as many as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment