Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Bethany's Golden Birthday!

A Golden birthday is another thing I've recently learned ... I didn't know there was something "significant" about turning 30 when you're birthday is June 30th!  Now I know! :)

Thank you for all of the birthday wishes!  I had a really great day!  To be honest, I was feeling a little homesick Saturday night knowing that my birthday was the next day and PB&J was probably going to be my birthday lunch ... and then Ava didn't help matters by waking up at 3:30 am (thankfully she fell back asleep at 5).  However, Ryan & Ava definitely made my birthday special, with the help of our new friends! 

As planned, we Facetimed with Shawn, Tiffany and the boys and then went to church in the morning.  I was then surprised with a group lunch afterward!  We finally had our first Chinese meal and, let me tell you, it was AWESOME!  If anyone comes to visit, we will be taking you to this restaurant.  We absolutely loved everything that was ordered.  Hopefully we will be able to order the same dishes when we return (menus with pictures are a blessing)!  One of the expats that has been an angel since I met her during my initial trip, made me the most delicious birthday cake!    Ryan told her that I loved ice cream cakes so she made something similar with pudding and whipped cream.  Absolutely mouthwatering!


After lunch, another expat family showed us a fruit and veggie market near our home and we finally bought some fresh veggies.  Now we just need to get to a different store to buy some meat.  We've learned quickly that you need to go to 3-5 different stores to get everything you want/need - at least when you are a picky American looking for safe, imported options. :)  We are actually having a store in Shanghai deliver us food next week - they deliver to Wuxi once/week! 

Thank you again for all of the birthday wishes!  Even though I am 7000+ miles away, I felt all of your love!  Hugs and kisses to you all!
My Birthday Present from my new Wuxi Friends!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a great "Golden Birthday" :):) We are thankful you guys are here!

    ReplyDelete